I was reading materials in the US’ curriculum on homeland defense, and noted the 4Ps and 4Ds construct from the UK that I’d caught on Wikipedia earlier this week as their framework for counterterrorism.
- Prevent (radicalization of extremism)
- Protect (defend infrastructure and borders)
- Prepare (develop responses to attack)
- Pursue (detect, disrupt, stop)
For WMD threats, there are the 4Ds:
- Dissuade (countries to not stock materials)
- Detect (expose bad actors/agents)
- Deny (access to materials and know-how)
- Defend (with appropriate ops responses)
More on CONTEST is here.